Building Community Through Technology!
Thursday, March 10, 2016, 4:00:00 PM to 5:00:00 PM
Relationships are crucial to anything in life. I have been working on making them even stronger in our school and community through technology, including texting and social media use. In this session, I want to share how to increase your relationships through actual examples that have been successful for me. Come, pick my brain, and share your ideas so we can work together to build the very best educational communities ever.
How It All Came About...
My conversation with my Superintendent, Claire Bunker to see Terry Abbot
Establish Clear Guidelines (And Stick To Them!)
- Monday through Saturday 7am-7pm.
- Nothing on Sundays
- Appropriateness with grammar and topics
FaceBook (Link to my page is HERE)
- Hey There Shepherd
- Sunday Posts
- Spotlight on People
- Keying in on those people who are amazing but might get over looked
- School Closings / Delays
- Wish Happy Birthday!
- Student Achievements (Present & Past)
- Surveys of Former Students, Parents, and Community Members
- Arguments & Discussions
- Research Ideas and Input
- Calendars and Important Dates (Senior Open Houses)
Texting (Yes... I allow my personal iPhone public)
- Clash of Clans!!
- Clash Royale
- Words With Friends
- Apps to worry about and guide kids with