My KeyNotes & Workshops
Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion
In a world of test scores, content standards & benchmarks, and evaluation fears, sometimes the main purpose can be pushed aside, even forgotten. That is the kids. Plain and simple they are the heart of what we do. Let me be the reminder...
Digital Citizenship: The Key to a Positive Future!
Our youth today are growing up in a world of instant access... Sometimes positive and sometimes negative. They are leaving a digital legacy that will follow them through life. Listen and learn along with Jay as he explains the highs and lows of all aspects of our digital world and how he has found a way to lead by example and thought. This session will cover everything from FaceBook and Twitter to dangerous apps and how they can be used to harm our kids.
Engagement and Personalized Learning - Don't Forget the Kids
This world of educational technology we are living in is moving faster than ever imagined. So much to learn and use and share! During these times it can be easy to lose sight of the central reason for all of it… the students. The best technology in the world is useless if we are not communicating with today’s kids and their parents, and relating to them. Listen as veteran educator Jay Gross shares some of his successes (and even some failures) in engaging students with technology. He will touch your heart, give you some fresh ideas, and get you thinking of “outside of the box” ways to relate to today’s students.
This session will be centering on and combining the very best of Moodle and Google to create a Blended Learning environment that has been developed with student, parent, and teacher input. It will also include different aspects of cloud-based tools to create a student centered learning environment with the teacher acting as a guide. Stop by and get exposed to such tools as Moodle Lessons, Adaptive Release Tasks, Video and Audio, Badges, My Access (Essay Writing), Shmoop (ACT Prep), and more! I am a current classroom teacher using these in my classroom with direct student /parent input.
Connecting to Today's Students
Fear is NOT the way to live. So much can be accomplished through FaceBook, Twitter, and Texting. How can you make a positive impact on students’ lives (and even parents for that matter!) through a positive, mature use of technology? It’s easy!
Taking Blended Learning to the Next Level!
Setting up our classes has never been easier with all of the advances in learning management systems and Google! Why not take a chance? Step into the world of Blended Learning with me and let’s find a way to save both you and your students time!
Harnessing Social Media: The Pros & Cons of Social Media in Schools
FaceBook a waste of time? Twitter is too confusing? Texting my students is out of the question? Give me a chance and an open mind and I bet I can make you think twice about those negative thoughts! Let’s make it work for you!
Block the Block!
There are so many ways to communicate, gather information, and connect in today’s electronic world! Blocking it only sets our students behind. Let’s open our minds and the Internet and prepare our students to be ahead of the curve and to attack the world post high school!
Portfolio: It’s NOT a Dirty Word!
Our students deserve the best! Showcasing their four years of high school and knowing how to promote themselves in today’s job market or getting the best scholarships is crucial. How about just learning to organize and present themselves in the best, most positive way? Our online Portfolios and their structure are proven winners. Let me help you help them!
Coming Next to...
- Pike's County Public Schools, Indiana, Opening Day Keynote: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion
- Teaching & Learning Conference: Keynote & Featured Session: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion & Digital Media Responsibility
- Jackson, Michigan Jackson Pubic Schools, Keynote & Featured Session: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion
- St. Ignace, Michigan Keynote on Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion followed followed by Establishing Strong Relationships with Parents, & Community and Administration & Board Member
- Grand Rapids, Michigan, Michigan Teaching & Learning Conference: Keynote & Featured Session: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion & Digital Media Responsibility
- Hot Springs, Arkansas, HSTI Conference Keynote & Featured Session: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion & Digital Media Responsibility
- Frankenmuth, Michigan, MTSA Conference: Presentation on ePortfolios
- Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan, Keynote: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion and Technology Presenter
- Brandywine, Michigan, Brandywine School District: Keynote & Training
- Monroe, Michigan, TechFest 2016, Keynote & Training: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion
- Sequin, Texas: Keynote: Door Handles & Eyes... Continue to Bring the Passion
- Mahnomen, Minnesota, Brain Development Conference, Mini Keynote
- East Lansing, Michigan, MyBlend Summer Learning Day Camp 2016 , Lightning Speech / Picnic Talk
- Chelsea, Michigan, Early Childhood Technology Conference: Keynote Speaker
- Lansing, Michigan, iFireUP Conference: Keynote Speaker and Technology Presenter
- Personalized Learning Conference: Kent ISD KeyNote Speaker on 'Putting the Personal in Personalized Learning
- MACUL 2016, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Building Community Through Technology
- Carson City-Crystal: Keynote Speaker & Session Presenter on Personalized Learning and Connecting to Today's Students
- Nova Now! Session on Don't Give Me That Look! Social Media Works!
- Herington, Kansas: Keynote Speaker & Sessions on Personalized Learning and Connecting to Today's Students
- Bel Aire, Kansas: Sessions on Tech Tools for Teachers to Keep their Sanity!
- ECET2MI, Michigan State University: Opening Keynote Speaker: Cultivating a Calling
- Berrien RESD: Keynote Speaker: Pros & Cons of Social Media in Schools & MooGooling!
- Odyssey High School: Keynote Speaker on "What Defines Me?"
- Learning on The Lakeshore, Muskegon Community College, Michigan: Keynote Speaker & Presenter
- Michigan New Teacher Conference: Keynote Speaker
- Saginaw RESD: Keynote Speaker & MooGooling! Sessions
- Newberry, Michigan, Keynote Speaker & MooGooling! Sessions
- McAlester, Oklahoma, Technology & Learning Conference: Keynote Speaker & MooGooling!
- Michigan Moodle Moot: Keynote Speaker & MooGooling! Session
- Michigan Transition Services Association, Keynote Speaker
- Michigan Career Placement Association Keynote Speaker: “Social Networking: Connecting to Business”
- Morley Stanwood 1st Annual T.A.L.K. Conference: Keynote Speaker & MooGooling Session
- BLiC Instructor for Blended Learning in the Classroom Project Statewide
- Michigan Transition Services Association Session Presenter: Technology in the Classroom
- Boyne City Area Wide Professional Development Day Presenter
- Best of MACUL Presenter for MooGooling!
- Moodle Bootcamp Presenter / Trainer
- Moodle Basics & Beyond Presenter
- MACUL Presenter for MooGooling, Shmoop, Blended Learning, ePortfolios, & Tech Tips for Teachers
- Michigan Rotary Club, Motivational Keynotes
- Keynote Speaker, Alma College Leadership Academy
- Session Leader, Alma College Leadership Academy
- Blackboard Instructor, St. John’s RESD
- Technology Presenter, Boyne City High School
- Featured Speaker, State Superintendent’s Conference
- Guest Presenter, Administrator Information Network: High School Principals
- Guest Presenter, REMC Directors of Michigan Conference
- Presenter, “Fulfilling Michigan Merit Curriculum Online Learning Requirement.” Michigan State University
- Guest Speaker, Educators from England, Central Michigan University
- Guest Speaker, Blackboard Day, Clare / Gladwin RESD
- Featured Presenter, Gratiot and Isabella County Professional Development Day
- Workshop Instructor, Summer Technology Camp
- Presenter, Cool Tools Workshop, Gratiot Isabella RESD
- Presenter, Mt. Pleasant High School Faculty