English 11 B (3)
Lesson Plan for Thursday, March 12th, 2020
If you missed class on Wednesday, please start here. If you were here and done with this section, please scroll down.
- Email Mr. Gross at email@example.com from your primary email address. Be sure you use the one you will be handing in assignments from. The subject line should be: Your Name and English 11 B (3) 2019
- Fill in the forum below and send.
- Follow the instructions on the picture below to sign into Remind 101 for school delays & closings from Mr. Gross.
- Click HERE to access the Google folder for English 11 B (3) 2019. Please download it to your GDrive. Feel free to take a look around.
- Please choose your research team members and fill out the chart HERE
- You may fill in the topic/thesis/present/link sections as you get them, but I just need team members for now and maybe the topic.
- In Moodle feel free to start your Classroom Syllabus & Rules Quiz (Due by Friday at 3 pm)
- Done with the Syllabus & rules Quiz? Try the Portfolio Lesson! Done with it? In Google Folder start Portfolio Check #1? #2? #3? Heck... do #4 and finish it all!
- Still got time? I have all kinds of things to keep your brain challenged! Read the article at the top of Moodle called, "Making the Grade!" we will be discussing it in class.
Thursday Start Here
- Portfolio? How is it looking? Look to Check #1. That is where you will need to be soon. Work towards that today. The Moodle Portfolio Lesson will help walk you through this. Access the folder HERE or see below:
- YOUR name in the Site Title
- All Required pages up and running
- All Required Pages Titled
- All Page Descriptors in italics and LEFT justified
- Divider under the Page Descriptor
- Buttons labeled and links working at the bottom of EACH Page
- A Contact Page designed by Weebly
- Research Project... You can meet with group members. Change groups. Change members. Start looking at your Mini Research papers and refining, adding, cutting, getting more/better information and sources.
- Keep the same topic? Or go for new? The five 'Hot Topics' for up to one full grade extra credit will be:
- Gun Control or Guns in Schools
- Human Trafficking
- Building the Wall
- "Screen Time" or Tech Addictions
- Problem in Education
- Get started. Assign roles to team members. Research inside Google Drive using the explore button. Start finding graphs and charts to possibly use. Check out ProCon.org. Awesome resources on a lot of topics!