Lesson Plan for Monday, March 12th, 2018
If you missed class on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or all, please start here. If you were here and done with this section, please scroll down.
- Email Mr. Gross at email@example.com from your primary email address. Be sure you use the one you will be handing in assignments from. The subject line should be: Your Name and English 12 B (3) 2018
- Fill in the forum below and send.
- Follow the instructions on the picture below to sign into Remind 101 for school delays & closings from Mr. Gross.
- Click HERE to access the Google folder for English 12 B (3) 2017-18. Please download it to your GDrive. Feel free to take a look around.
- Log into Moodle and be sure you see English 12 B (3) in your class list. If not, let Mr. Gross know so he can enter you.
- In Moodle feel free to start your Classroom Syllabus & Rules Quiz.
- Done with the Syllabus & rules Quiz? Try the Portfolio Lesson! Done with it? In Google Folder start Portfolio Check #1? #2? #3? Heck... do #4 and finish it all!
- Still got time? See me! I have all kinds of things to keep your brain challenged! Read the article at the top of Moodle called, "Making the Grade!" we will be discussing it in class.
Thursday Start Here
- After attendance, please ask the sub (It should be Mrs. Moeggenberg) to take the class as a whole to the media center so you can check out the book "The Five People You Meet In Heaven".
- Live on the edge? Actually read the first section to get started today!
- Or click HERE and access the folder in your GDrive to listen to the audio book or look at the assignment.
- Portfolio? How is it looking? Look ahead to Checks #3 & #4. That is where you will need to be. Work towards that today. Access the folder HERE.
- Research Project... You can meet with group members. Change groups. Change members. Start looking at your Mini Research papers and refining, adding, cutting, getting more/better information and sources.
- Keep the same topic? Or go for new? The five 'Hot Topics' for up to one full grade extra credit will be:
- Gun Control or Guns in Schools
- Human Trafficking
- Building the Wall
- "Screen Time" or Tech Addictions
- Problem in Education
- Get started. Assign roles to team members. Research inside Google Drive using the explore button. Start finding graphs and charts to possibly use. Check out ProCon.org. Awesome resources on a lot of topics!
- I would LOVE to have this assignment at least 50% (Hopefully 75%) done before Spring Break!
Friday Start Here
- Nice easy Friday if you can stay focused! Give it a try!
- First, go through your portfolio... proofread each descriptor next to your items... then pick a partner. Look at your partner's portfolio and proofread and have your partner do yours.
- Second, read more in 5 People... shoot for 7-11 pages. Then check out the assignment in the Google folder to go with it.
- Take a break for 5-10 minutes. Stand. Stretch. Drink? Food?
- Get back to it and give the research paper/project some time. Get that Intro in perfect order...
- Attention Getter that grabs a heart?
- Clear, strong, one sentence thesis?
- Two or more problems clearly stated after the thesis?
- A clear, strong, counter argument stated after the probs?
- A solution? Basically your thesis restated the same but different?
Monday, March 12th Lesson
- Okay! Happy Monday! I WILL be back tomorrow! I know you miss me!
- Not too difficult today if you will behave and stay focused.
- Read more in 5 People? Shoot to be to page 50 by the end of today. Please check out the assignment in the Google folder to go with it.
- While in the folder, please look at the Poetry packet. Read through the directions and see if you have any questions/concerns. I will be covering it tomorrow.
- Signed up fpr your research topic yet? Team members? Thesis?
- Click HERE to access the spreadsheet
- Research Paper? Paragraph #2 & #3?
- Problem clearly stated in the first sentence of each ? Strong?
- Your voice explaining the problem?
- Evidence from two or more sources backing up your statement?
- Explained by you at the end HOW it backs up your statement?
- Click HERE to access the spreadsheet
- Ask anyone for rec letters yet?
- Resume polished up?